|Location: Croydon, Surrey||Salary: £73000 - £85000 per annum + car allowance + bonus|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Stalla Xystra|
Legal Counsel, East Croydon. Gold Group Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for an In-House Solicitor/Lawyer to join our client a leading Retail organization based in East Croydon.
This is a perm role and the salary on offer is £73,000 up to £85,000 depending on experience plus £5k car allowance + bonus.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting General Counsel on the provision of legal advice across all areas of the business. This role will have a commercial focus but will also cover multiple areas of law which touch and impact on the operations of the business globally.
What the role entails
- Delivering proactive legal support globally with sound service delivery, clean and concise drafting
- Providing appropriate, pragmatic solutions and offering high-quality advice on legal and general commercial aspects in all contract negotiations in a fast-paced environment
- Assisting in any corporate and Company Secretarial activities such filing reports and due diligence
- Assisting internal departments with the negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements
- Developing effective working relationships with members of the various departments (including Finance, Procurement, Information Security and HR)
- Management of contentious and non-contentious matters/litigation
- Supporting HR on employment contacts and disputes
- Assisting with providing broad legal and general commercial support on a variety of areas including employment law, regulatory, data protection/GDPR, contracts and IP.
- Contributing to, and maintaining, an up to date legal template catalogue (reflecting best practice from both a legal and commercial perspective)
- Support the development and provision of training, guidelines and best practices to internal departments and ensure the business is kept compliant with new legal developments
Skills and experience required
- 3-6 years PQE
- Commercial Lawyer/Solicitor
- Experience of working in-house desirable but not essential, preferably in a retail environment or life sciences
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of areas such as e-NHS prescriptions and phlebotomy
The role as Legal Counsel will provide expert and strategic legal advice to management. Ensuring that the business has the appropriate level of legal due diligence, control and governance to ensure the brand, IP and operations are appropriately managed and legal risk mitigated.
The key responsibilities as Legal Counsel will be to act as commercial counsel, to assist in drafting and advising on commercial contracts, providing legal advice on all commercial matters, managing commercial disputes, and leading on the group IP portfolio. You will be expected to support business development opportunities, such as vender agreements, new product development and legal due diligence, contract drafting and negotiating. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for all matters of data protection and GDPR obligations, along with on-going management and education of legal risk and changes, while monitoring business standards.
The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 3 years in house experience within a retail and/or pharmaceutical/life sciences, travel or hospitality and have a minimum of 5 year's post qualified experience. Candidate who have undertaken commercial secondments or who have a strong retail knowledge will be considered.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch to find out more about this role.