|Location: Guildford, Surrey||Salary: £35000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Lighting Artist - Guildford
Excellent opportunity to play a key role as a Lighting Artist in the studio of this Games developer.
You will take ownership of the lighting of environments and characters for one of the games, ensuring that it meets the art direction requirements of the game whilst adhering to any technical restrictions.
You will have;
- At least 3 years of experience as a lighting artist or equivalent senior artist role, working on at least one AAA title
- In-depth understanding and practical experience of lighting in either real-time gaming engines or in high-end CGI productions
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to work with both realistic and stylised lighting/visual styles
- An excellent understanding of composition and colour theory
- Experience using Unreal Engine would be an advantage, but not a necessity
Your technical skills will include;
- Unreal Engine, or similar (UNITY, CryEngine, Frostbite, etc.)
- Baked and real-time lighting techniques in modern game engines.
- Working knowledge of rendering engines such as Renderman, VRay, Mental Ray or Arnold would be useful.
- Compositing and colour grading experience is preferred
Your core duties;
- Taking game scenes and lighting them to both a creative and technical brief.
- Help to drive narrative story telling through effective use of colour, light and mood. Using lighting to help convey emotional experiences.
- Working closely with the art team to improve workflows and processes.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as 3D modelers and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create great AAA game experiences.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.