|Location: Maidstone, Kent||Salary: £33500 - £45900 per annum|
|Sector: Utilities & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Georgia Boylan||Job Published: 22 days ago|
Light Asset Engineer
Lighting Asset Engineer needed for an integrated highway engineer provider.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Lighting Asset Engineer will include:
- Working in accordance with the Integrated Business Management System, ensuring that all designs follow the relevant processes and procedures.
- Research, collate and analyse information required to progress studies/investigations
- To undertake Lighting renewals studies/investigations
- Identify the needs of the network in terms of the lighting assets
- Organise on-site technical surveys
- Undertake visual condition surveys of lighting assets
- To determine appropriate renewal treatments for assets that have reached the end of their serviceable like.
- Carry out the preliminary design of lighting renewal schemes
- To assist in producing value management presentations and bid submissions
- In addition to the above responsibilities the job holder is required to perform any other reasonable duties that are within the jobholders skills and experience capabilities as deemed necessary by the needs of the business
What you need to be the successful Lighting Asset Engineer:
In order to be the successful Lighting Asset Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Educated to HND/HNC level in engineering or equivalent.
- Good communicator both written and verbal.
- IT literate MS Office or equivalent
- Valid UK driving licence.
- Awareness of the Highways Agency design standards DMRB,
- Understanding of lighting asset function and construction
- Appreciation of other highway Assets
- Understanding of HA VM process
- Knowledge of TR22, ILP
- Experience in writing Lighting Renewals studies
- 3 to 5 years' experience or more working on Lighting Renewals Schemes within a MAC or ASC
- Experience in developing and presenting schemes for value management workshops
- Lean Completion of Lean Competency Level 1
- Experience of working with Asset Databases; e.g. Mayrise
- Commercial awareness
- Regular user of AutoCAD - this is a Software application that is used to design plans, floor, structure, ceiling etc (Blue prints basically)
- Incorporated or Chartered Engineer or working towards a professional qualification, educated to degree level in Civil Engineering or equivalent
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Lighting Asset Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!