|Location: Essex, England||Salary: £692 - £770 per week|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Job Title: Highway Operative (Lighting)
Location: Theydon Bois - Essex
Salary: £36,000 - £40,000 (£15.30 - £17.10 per hour)
*This job is all Night work*
Accountabilities of a Highway Operative (Lighting):
- Undertake street lighting activities on the network as required. This will include but not exclusive to:
- Routine maintenance including detailed inspection, testing and bulk lamp change
- Non-routine maintenance including all types of lighting and sign repairs and cable fault investigations
- Installation works including the replacement of damaged equipment, installation of new equipment, cable installation
- Attend various incidents on the network relating to but exclusive to street lighting including liaison with the NOC (Network Operations Centre) and other parties
- Any other duties allocated by Line Managers.
- Provide accurate and legible written and verbal communication in the form of reports and records as required.
- Use mobile communication/data devices to accurately input data for record purposes to form reports and business records as required
- Undertake routine vehicle checks and maintain accurate and up to date driving records in line with legislation in accordance with CPS procedures and legislation.
- Taking due care of any the client's property including but not limited to tablets, vehicles and radios.
- Raise awareness of issues which may affect the safe operation of the network and report these as observed.
- Check that, equipment and materials are carried on vehicles in line with current maintenance checklist and are in working order, restock and record and report defects as appropriate.
- Participate in Winter Service rota as required
- Attend training courses as and when required
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of the businesses Sustainability activities
Key Certificates for a Highway Operative (Lighting):
- Full UK Drivers licence
- CSCS Operative Card
- ECS Card to relevant competency
- NHSS 8 Competency Training
- IPAF 1b (MEWPS)
Desriable Qualifications for a Highway Operative (Lighting):
- UK Driving Licence, minimum category C (LGV Class 2).
- Driver Qualification Card.
- 17th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations.
- C&G 2394/95 (testing and inspecting).
- Abrasive Wheel.
- Plant/small tools training.
- Appropriate lifting qualification e.g lorry mounted crane.
Essential Experience of a Highway Operative (Lighting):
- A proven well rounded street lighting / electrical backround.
- An understanding of the street lighting industry.
Desirable Experience of a Highway Operative (Lighting):
- Working on a live motorway or All Purose Trunk Road (APTR) network.
- Experience of working in a similar environment.
If you are interested, please get in touch as they are looking to get you started ASAP.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.