|Location: Dartford, Kent||Salary: £40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Job Title: Lighting Project Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 + Company Vehicle, 25 days holiday (can buy up to 5 days more).
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Role Purpose of the Lighting Project Manager:
- Project Management of Electrical and Lighting PDA Renewal and/or Improvement Project from Inception to Close Out located across the entire Network. Project types include, electrical and lighting PDA projects, Safety improvement projects, Structures refurbishment, Geotechnical and Drainage works.
- Project Managers will be liaising with all Stakeholders for each project with particular focus on meeting requirement of Highways Agency (HA) and the client's Services as primary Clients.
- Project portfolio delivery to time, cost, quality and delivering the agreed outcomes with full supporting documentation to allow project close out.
- Working with Framework Contractors for project execution in accordance with the implemented Collaborative Management strategy all projects.
- Support delivery of all projects in accordance with Zero Harm plan implemented by business.
- Application of innovative and efficient design and construction methods to.
Key Duties of the Lighting Project Manager:
- Responsible for a number of projects at different stages of the project lifecycle.
- Commission and manage internal and external resources in terms of quality, budget and programme.
- Manage end to end project progress from asset team, designers, sub-consultants, construction team and contractors.
- Manage schedule and resolve delivery issues for each project.
- Manage cost plan for each project.
- Routinely report schedule, current spend and financial forecast of each project to HA and our client.
- Report detailed status of each project at HA / clients monthly meetings, including schedule and cost forecast.
- Liaise with Street Lighting Asset Lead, Planner, Construction Manager, Project QS and Designers to develop individual project schedules and budget estimates.
- Liaison with Asset team and Operations team as necessary.
- Provide design support (where applicable), to the street lighting asset lead.
- Provide input into the development of the Asset Management Forward Plan.
- Maintain MS Project schedule to identify milestones and completion dates for tasks and teams.
- Assess, mitigate and manage progress, finance and delivery risks.
- Ensure key project enablers are implemented, TTROs, Road Space Bookings, Local Authority Consultation etc.
- Ensure project transfer and ECI meetings occur.
- Prioritise critical path activities and manage resources accordingly.
- Adhere to project governance procedure and ensure all necessary supporting documentation is prepared and presented.
- Coordinate all phases of the renewals and improvements process
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm.
- Support the delivery of the business' Sustainability activities.
Key Qualifications of the Lighting Project Manager:
- Project Management Experience preferably supported by recognised PM qualification, PRINCE2, APMP etc.
- Preference of minimum IEng qualification registerd with Engineering Council and membership of appropriate professional institution (ILP, IET or IHT) or working towards such qualification.
- Broad skills, knowledge and understanding of Highway's electrical and lighting and associated design areas.
- Good knowledge of BS7671: Amended and related electrical standards.
- Good knowledge of BS5489:1:2013 and related lighting standards.
- Understanding of H&S Requirements related to Highway Engineering and specifically electrical and lighting.
- Knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation.
- Competent in exercising the duties under CDM.
- CSCS Card.
- Understanding of Environmental requirements of projects.
- Knowledge of the NEC Contract and other relevant forms of contract.
- Knowledge of Quality Management.
- Knowledge of HA procedures.
Key Experience of the Lighting Project Manager:
- Experience of managing project delivery to existing highway electrical and lighting assets in a live operational environment or transferrable experience from a comparable role.
- Recent experience of coordinating interfaces with other disciplines and design teams.
- Experience of managing projects through complete lifecycle preferably within a HA environment.
- Experience in the design and construction of highways electrical and lighting projects.
If this is something you are interested in, please get in touch as they are looking to get you started ASAP.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.