|Location: Crawley||Salary: £32000 - £37000 per annum + + Package|
|Sector: Medical Devices, Engineering, Life Sciences||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Job Title: Logistics Controller
Salary: £32,000 - £37,000 + Package
Key Skills: Logistics, Shipping, Invoicing, Freight Forwarding, Manufacturing, Products, Parts, Letter of Credit, Import, Export, Ordering, Distribution, Clients, Customers
An experienced Logistics Controller is required to play a key role as part of the Logistics team, focussing on the order management process. You will be liaising with the different Business Units/PCS´s/ELP/Manufacturing in maintaining and supporting the order fulfilment process. This will include the review of the Project order book or customer/Distribution orders.
So, what will you be doing as a Logistics Controller?
- Receive all orders from the Business Unit and assist with the project management and invoicing from status R1 to R3, of the order fulfilment process.
- To assure the accurate and expeditious processing of Direct Sales Machine Orders and amendments for catalogue and ancillary items.
- Receive all orders from PSCs/ELP and manage shipments accordingly where applicable.
- Maintain the relevant business systems with project/order and shipment updates
- To be actively involved in improvement opportunities throughout the department.
- To maintain good communications with forwarding agents relating to the shipment of goods and to keep customers informed
- Escalation of any risks relating to customer/distribution orders.
- Escalation and presentation of build and shipment status when necessary.
- Liaise with Order Fulfilment, Q&RA and Product Managers to ensure orders tollgates are achieved.
- Manage the import/export (returns and repairs) of materials and/or customs e-book to ensure on-time delivery where applicable.
- Understand ECO/FCO process and respond proactively to expediate releasing where applicable
What are we looking for in our next Logistics Controller?
- 3+ years' experience in a similar position
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Letter of Credit awareness.
- Spares logistics and bonded logistics knowledge when applicable.
- Ability to manage complex situations in a customer driven environment including decision making, facilitating and process improvement.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Logistics Controller, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Logistics Controller, hit that apply button now!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.