|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: £28000 per annum + Benifits Package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Logistics Manager / Logistics Supervisor / Transport Manager
Salary: £24000 - £28000 Per Anum
Logistics Manager / Transport Manager needed for a leading electronics organisation based in Greenford, Middlesex. My client is looking to employ an experienced Logistics Supervisor with an in-depth knowledge of goods receipt, goods storage and internal movement, cycle counts, picking of parts, packaging and dispatch. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the Logistics department.
The successful Logistics Manager / Transport Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £25000 - £28000 per annum
* 25 day's holiday + standard bank holidays
* Corporate gym discounts
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Free Flu Jab
* Cycle scheme
* Life assurance
Some of the main duties of the Logistics Manager / Transport Manager will include:
* Supervision of employees within the department making prompt and pro-active decisions to provide sufficient cover at all times within Goods-In, Stores and Dispatch.
* Ensure product and inventory are maintained, packaged and stored in accordance with all safety and security regulations, customer contracts and MOD standards.
* Manage employees and the Stores area to provide an environment which will obtain the best out of the team.
* Manage GFE inventory and Customer owned inventory and audit as required to comply with MOD/Customer requirements and regulations.
* Perform appraisals and PDPs with all direct reports.
* Liaise with other departments to establish relevant activities and support within the departments of Goods-In, Stores and Dispatch to ensure a smooth and efficient supply chain function.
* Obtain freight, shipping and transportation quotes and arrange bookings as required. Ensure outgoing mail is processed for daily collection.
What you need to be the successful Logistics Manager / Transport Manager:
In order to be the successful Logistics Manager / Transport Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Maintain neat, tidy and accurate approach to all activities undertaken
* Experience of supervising a team
* Experience working in a stores environment
* Advanced computer literacy
* Qualified to a minimum of GCSE level in English and Mathematics
* Ability to obtain SC Clearance (security Clearance)
* Experience using an ERP system such as Epicor
* Capable of reading technical drawings and utilising equipment essential for electronics industry
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Logistics Manager / Transport Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.