|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £35000 - £47000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Machine Learning Software Researcher
Machine Learning Software Researcher required to join s globally established defence company in the Hampshire area. They are a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
The Machine Learning Software Researcher will feel comfortable researching and applying academic research to software.
On offer for the Machine Learning Software Researcher is a fantastic salary up to £47,000 depending on experience. As well as a competitive benefits package that includes:
- A 9 day working fortnight (Every other Friday off)
- Contributed pension
- Discretionary performance bonus
Key responsibilities of the Machine Learning Software Researcher include:
- Design and develop software from requirements.
- Transfer knowledge and techniques from academic research into commercially viable software.
- Support Systems Engineering in analysis and capture of requirements.
- Develop software requiring mathematical constructs and algorithms.
- Contribute towards identifying suitable software modelling and development tools.
- Provide estimates for work and contribute to the production of metrics to track progress.
- Support software development through the SDLC according to the Software Development Plan.
- Knowledge transfer - Be active in transferring knowledge to new contract and permanent staff, including documentation of design and code, user guides, white board sessions, seminars and 1-2-1 training.
The required skillset of the Machine Learning Software Researcher includes:
- Degree in Computer Science, Maths or other subject relevant to the role.
- A desire to study new technologies and to provide working prototypes and demonstrations of new techniques.
- An understanding of optimisation of software design and code for speed, memory constraints, maintainability etc.
- Solid skills in C/C++.
- Good communication skills, able to design, arrange and deliver training sessions.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Eligibility for Security Clearance
- Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence
- Agile Development.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.