|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £28000 - £32000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Nuclear||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Machine Shop Technician
Machine Shop Technician needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Machine Shop Technician that takes pride in their work with the ability to work from detailed engineering drawings, the ability to program using Fanuc & Heidenhain languages and conversant with multi-axis machining methods (3 to 6 axis).
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Machine Shop Technician will include:
- Working within a CNC and conventional precision machine shop environment. Programming, setting and operating machine tools including multi axis machining centres (3 to 6 axis) to produce R&D and production component parts. To include tool pre-setting and machine set ups.
- Support and input to the development of machining processes and tooling/fixture design
- Ability of tool selection and design liaising with tooling suppliers
- Mentoring and training of others to include apprentices
- Working to specifications, procedures and engineering drawings
- Problem solve machine issues
- Ability to prioritise work load in order to meet deliverable commitments.
- Ability to meet quality standards
What experience you need to be the successful Machine Shop Technician:
- Ability to work from detailed engineering drawings
- Ability to program using Fanuc & Heidenhain languages
- Conversant with multi-axis machining methods (3 to 6 axis)
- Good knowledge of inspection techniques and equipment
- General engineering workshop practices and proven Manufacturing experience
- Ability to work from written and verbal process instructions
- Housekeeping and 6S
- Lifting and work handling
- CoSHH and H&S awareness
- Competent computer skills including MS-office
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication and reporting skills
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Machine Shop Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that all applicants moving forward for the SWS Instructor position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.