|Location: Southend-On-Sea, Essex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Maintenance Administrator required for one of the largest and most established defence companies in the world, based in Southend-on-Sea. They are looking for someone to join their Environmental Test Centre, ensuring that planned maintenance activities are completed in a timely manner to minimise any disruption to trials activities.
The succesful candidate for the Maintenance Administrator role will be required to raise purchase requisitions for contracted out maintenance activities, controlling maintenance spend and budgets.
All applicants for this Maintenance Administrator position must be eligible for Security Clearance.
- Responsible for ensuring that planned maintenance activities are completed in a timely manner, liaising with Engineering Leads/Group Property/Scheduler to minimise disruption to trials activities
- Raise purchase requisitions for contracted out maintenance activities, controlling maintenance spend budgets
- Provide task management of the technical team to ensure maintenance and calibration of equipment is within date through issue and control of SMIS work orders
- Assure the facility manager that all statutory checks for the buildings and test equipment have been completed, and recommendations acted upon
- Manage the reactive maintenance tasks for site, liaising with Group Property to ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for ensuring all contractors receive a Disclosure of Risk from Explosives Statement (DRES) and have Risk Assessed Method Statements for the work they are undertaking
- Responsible for controlling personnel carrying out work in the Explosive Area (excluding customers), i.e.. Group Property and external contractors, by monitoring and issuing Explosive Area Permits to Work and Hot Work Permits - providing site inductions and safety briefs
- Responsible for ensuring that all COSHH inventories are controlled (stored safely, risk assessed and stock quantities maintained)
- Responsible for ensuring vehicle pre-use check-list are completed and planned/reactive maintenance is undertaken through liaison with the site Transport department
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required for Maintenance Administrator position:
- Ability to build positive relationships to rapidly progress tasks (results focused) and seek out more efficient ways of working
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels, both internal and external to the company, including contractors, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Strong diplomacy and negotiation skills to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Methodical and logical approach, conscientious
- Proficient in the use of IT, especially maintenance control systems, ideally SAP
- Must have driver's license and own car
- Subject to Security Clearances
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience of working with equipment databases (ideally SAP) and controlling progress on tasks
- Experience of encouraging collaboration between team members and activities
- Good GCSE grades
All applicants to this Maintenance Administrator role must be eligible for Security Clearance.
To apply for this position please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.