|Location: Hampshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Maintenance Electrician needed for a large Defence and Aerospace organisation based in Hampshire who are looking to employ an experienced Maintenance Electrician. This would suit a candidate with industrial electrical experience.
The successful Maintenance Electrician will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* 37 Hour Working Week
* 25 days Annual Leave
* Pension scheme
* Life Cover
* Income Protection
* On site Free Health Assessment
* Subsidised staff restaurant
* And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Maintenance Electrician will include:
* Provide Electrical support to the facility, reporting to the Controls, Systems and Instrumentation: Team Leader.
* Perform planned and reactive Electrical maintenance on systems including power electronics, large LV and HV electrical machines and PLC systems.
* Document maintenance.
* Carry out electrical installation work.
* Support customer trials.
* Fault finding and diagnosis of electrical systems.
* Preparation & maintenance of documentation for electrical systems.
* Portable appliance testing.
* Operate Facility plant equipment.
* Assist other teams and sites if required.
What you need to be the successful Maintenance Electrician:
In order to be the successful Maintenance Electrician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Completion of a recognized Apprenticeship, Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services or equivalent
* Have a good working knowledge of Industrial Electrical plant equipment; its operation and maintenance.
* Ability to interpret Electrical drawings.
* Basic knowledge of electric motors, their control & operation methods.
* Ability to follow safe systems of work and standing instructions.
* Basic operating knowledge of Microsoft office Word and Excel.
* Capable of working at heights and in enclosed spaces & on occasions outside.
* Knowledge of Electrical working regulations.
* Knowledge and experience of planned maintenance systems.
* Ability to use Electrical drawing packages such as Autocad electrical / Solidworks electrical. (Desirable)
* Knowledge of maintenance principles.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Maintenance Electrician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!