|Location: West Sussex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Base Maintenance Mechanic
6 Month Contract
Base Maintenance Mechanic needed for a leading Engineering organisation based in Portsmouth who are looking to employ an experienced Base Maintenance Mechanic who has at least 6 months recent experience on the 787 and / or 737NG/MAX.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Base Maintenance Mechanic will include:
- Perform Base Maintenance on customer aircraft
- Ensure compliance with all procedures associated with the Base Maintenance of the customers aircraft.
- Advise management of all reportable incidents and report same in the Boeing system
- Report any technical issues, aircraft delays, or other issues to the Lead Engineer.
- Ensure all planned aircraft work is carried out as scheduled and liaise with Shift Leader and ProductionPlanning to optimize aircraft downtime.
- Ensure all aircraft paperwork, technical logs, and work packs are completed, accurately, within prescribed timescales and in conjunction with the Lead Engineer / LAE
- Maintain and manage Base Maintenance tooling, material and component stores, including Candidates must be prepared to work shift. Shifts are typically 12 hours but will vary as required in order to support the business needs.
What you need to be the successful Base Maintenance Mechanic:
In order to be the successful Base Maintenance Mechanic and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- EASA Part-66 Category A Licence (preferable) and have the ability to demonstrate at least 6 monthsrecent experience on the 787 and / or 737NG/MAX.
- Have at least 5 years' experience of working in a fast paced Line or Base Maintenance environment.
- Have completed a recognised Apprenticeship or formal training programme.
- Be a team player who will grasp opportunities to exceed the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Proven knowledge and proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and the ability to learn in house systems.
- Have prior experience of accessing on-line Boeing documents through v.
- Must be willing to work varying shifts depending on business need.
- Previous experience on wide body and/or ETOPS aircraft is an advantage.
- Candidates must have the right to live and work in United Kingdom
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Base Maintenance Mechanic to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.