|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Financial Services||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Alex Spraggett||Job Published: 3 days ago|
Management Accountant needed for a leading aerospace and defence company based in High Wycombe. They are looking to employ an experienced Management Accountant, who is CIMA OR ACCA qualified and with at least 5 years' experience in a finance role, someone who is happy to manage the project accounting responsibilities and someone who can support the Business Controller in the preparation and co-ordination of the annual budget and the 5-year strategic plan.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Management Accountant will include:
- Provide accurate financial information to the business
- Be accountable for the scope of responsibilities, owning the numbers and the outcome of the analyses provided
- Be customer-focused and performance oriented
- Support the internal customers of the business
- Still challenging them to achieve the company's finance targets and apply the financial rules (accounting and controls)
- Support the Business Controller in the monthly closing process
- Manage the project accounting responsibilities, especially:
- Sales and margin recognition
- Highlight programme risks and opportunities in conjunction with Programme Managers
- Budget control
- Support and challenge Program managers on their monthly forecast and cost improvement initiatives
- Prepare the monthly cross functional reviews
- Ensuring effective Credit Control
- Reconcile advance payments and suspense debts
- In conjunction with the Engineering and Marketing Directors, perform monthly reviews and forecasts for R&D and Bids & Proposals
- Support the Business Controller in the preparation and co-ordination of the annual budget and the 5-year strategic plan.
- ERP: ability to interrogate the IFS system and assist in problem solving issues/testing new processes across business functions
- Supporting the Bidding process to ensure that the appropriate financial documentation has been completed correctly and that all appropriate financial risks and opportunities have been highlighted
- Support preparation and submission of Ministry of Defence rates and programme cost certificates
- Supporting the Business Controller in continuously improving the company's financial controls and reporting systems
- Treasury - ensure all hedges are in place for foreign currencies
- Suggest initiatives to improve management of working capital
- Educate line and project managers to ensure that correct financial procedures are followed and that all areas of the business understand the financial implications of their decisions
- Liaising with internal and external customers including HMRC and internal and external auditors, where appropriate.
What you need to be the successful Management Accountant:
In order to be the successful Management Accountant and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Qualified (CIMA/ACCA) with at least 5 years' experience in a finance role.
- Good communicator with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Results orientated team player
- Able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities in a busy working environment.
- Self-motivated and curious with the ability to work autonomously and motivate others throughout the business
- Computer literacy, Microsoft office packages especially Excel (vlookup, pivot tables and sumifs)
- Strong experience of ERP Systems. IFS (incl Business Analytics) and SAP BPC are a plus
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Management Accountant to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Management Account role, you need to be eligible for security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.