|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £80000 - £85000 per annum + Package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matthew Clegg|
up to £85,000 + car & package
I have an exciting opportunity for a Managing Surveyor to join a leading main contractor delivering a major education framework over the next 4 years. My client is one of the UK's top tier main contractors, well recognised for undertaking major refurbishments and new builds for both private and public sector clients across the UK.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Managing Surveyor will be responsible for developing and mentoring a team of surveyors on projects valued from £3m to £12m. The work will be undertaken for a variety of organisations including local authorities, schools, colleges, academies and dioceses.
As the Managing Surveyor, you'll be working with members of your team which will include surveyors at Assistant through to Seniors with your day to day duties to include:
- Building and developing on close relationships with the client, consultants, suppliers and subcontractors
- Overseeing the commercial delivery from procurement through to final account negotiation
- Agree on 2nd stage lump sum tenders
- Provide advice and guidance in the selection of subcontractors
- Instruct accounts when to invoice clients and pay subcontractors and suppliers
- Prepare monthly cost reports
- Ensure Health & Safety, quality standards, operating processes, ISO accreditation's and company policies are followed
- Provide support to your team as they look to develop their own careers
The successful Managing Surveyor can expect a rewarding career that includes no limits on career progression, regular pay & performance reviews, continued personal development and exposure to exciting projects and clients. You'll also get a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of up to £85,000
- Company car allowance
- 25 days annual leave + option to purchase extra holiday
- Private pension contributions
- A 'Your Day' to take on top of you holiday allowance
- Death in service payment
- Excellent work life balance
Managing Surveyors considering this opportunity will need to have experience in a main contracting environment and familiar with supporting and leading a small team of surveyors. You'll need excellent communication skills and be commercially aware. You'll also need to live within a reasonable commute of Central London.