|Location: Wimbledon, London||Salary: £10.5 - £13 per annum + overtime available|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Andriana Panayi|
3 months - Permanent
£10.50 - £13 per hour
Lots of overtime available!
We are looking to recruit a Manual Machinist who is flexible across a varied range of machine shop disciplines, predominantly the turning of small high accuracy items made from a range of materials.
The workshop has a full range of manufacturing and tool making capabilities across a flexible and time served team.
The ability to use initiative to solve problems is essential and use this to seek solutions to machining challenges. Working with engineering, production, quality on a daily basis is normal and having an ability to adapt processes and plans around a changing environment will lead to success. The role requires the Manual Machinist to work well in a team as well as unsupervised and create a culture for success within the area.
Essential skills of Manual Machinist
* Must have minimum of 3 years' experience
* Manual turning of small precision components
* Working Knowledge of standard machine shop processes, Grinding, Deburring, Milling, presswork, 2nd ops etc.
* Vertical & horizontal border grinding experience
* Ability to read technical drawings and specification documents.
Personal attributes of Manual Machinist
* Appreciation of H&S
* Appreciation of Lean.
* Good Communicator
* Problem solving
* Team player
General duties of Manual Machinist
* The role involves manual turning + milling of steel & non-metal components to machining drawings.
* Single point screw cutting
* Reading and working to technical drawings
If you are interested and suitable for this role don't hesitate to apply as they will get you started ASAP!