|Location: Worthing, West Sussex||Salary: £27000 - £35000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
Manual Tester / Back-End Testing
West Sussex or Nottingham
My client is based West Sussex, but also have a site in Nottingahm are looking to recruit a Manual Tester with at least two to three years of testing experience, needs to have been in a manual testing role and not just automation, have backend testing of systems and some experience of SQL would be an advantage, worked in a small team and able to be flexible and meet short timescales.
As a Manual Tester you will be working within a test team but sometimes required to take sole responsibility for all aspects of testing, the test analyst will be required to work with development teams, project managers, end users and other groups to ensure some or all criteria of testing are fulfilled.
The nature of the work demands a high level of proficiency in the development aspects of software testing, as the role may involve gathering of requirements, generation of test scripts and test plans, identifying and monitoring defects, integration with software components and feedback to both the test process and the other teams. The ability to maintain rigorous compliance with project deliverables and industry standards is essential.
Testing can vary from ensuring individual components meet project requirements to ensuring overall compliance with project and industry definitions and UAT.
Experience in using Microsoft Test Manager and Team Foundation Server to write, manage and execute test cases and defects.
- Previous experience in a QA or Testing role
- Proven understanding of structured test methods and processes
- Writing and executing Manual Test Cases, logging Defects
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to solve problems in a timely manner
- Sound attention to detail and the ability to produce high quality work in a pressurised IT environment
- Managing time and people
- Works well within a Team
- Ability to mentor other team members
- Preparing concise documentation
- Good understanding of the IT project lifecycle, in particular agile methodologies and the scrum process.
- ISTQB qualified foundation or above
- Ability to Query databases using SQL
- A flexible approach and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Review, evaluate, and document existing Quality Assurance/testing code, processes and contributors.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.