|Location: Rochester, Kent||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + + Bens|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Manufacturing Quality Engineer
£30,000 - £35,000
SC Clearance required.
Would you like a chance to work in a broad, varied and challenging role that combines production, manufacturing and quality responsibilities?
The role on offer will allow the right individual to be creative with design, implementation, monitoring and maintaining manufacturing systems and processes, whilst ensuring product quality meets the customer requirements. This role will provide you with a great development opportunity and would suit somebody looking to advance their career in this industry and who has an interest in manufacturing, production and quality engineering. Most importantly my client is looking for individuals with the right behaviours, drive and willingness to learn and adapt.
The successful Manufacturing Quality Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
* 25 day's holiday
* Competitive pension scheme
* Enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan.
* Flexible working
* Childcare vouchers
* Plus More
Some of the main duties of the Manufacturing Quality Engineer will include:
* Investigating new material properties and challenging existing build processes
* Processing for material supply to manufacturing cells and process mapping
* Working with the new state of the art Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to develop and maintain build instruction documentation for use by shop floor technicians
* Planning quality and working with customers and suppliers to enhance quality
* Supporting and solving problems raised by teams using recognised problem solving tools
* Design of manufacturing cells using Lean Manufacturing techniques to reduce process lead times
* Designing of workstations to improve operator efficiency by optimising their working environment
* Developing manufacturing instruction to improve shop floor processes
* Analysing non-conformance (including identification of root cause and implementation of Corrective actions)
In order to be the successful Manufacturing Quality Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Experience within a Manufacturing, Production or Quality engineering environment
* HNC/HND or above in a relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent qualification or experience
* Knowledge and awareness around the principles of DFM (Design for Manufacture)
* Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing - understand the concept and associated improvement activities
* Knowledge and understanding of Production Quality Systems
* Experience of six sigma
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Quality Engineer to join a leading defence organisation that can offer you career progression. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!