|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Manufacturing Configuration Analyst to join them Bedfordshire site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm Fri day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
The Operations Engineering team provides engineering resources to support Operational performance and major product development projects; from design through to engineering build and production support, to end of life of product. The team provides full product lifecycle support including prototype design & build, development and integration of the build documentation and supporting requirements of full production build.
This role will be a critical position on the 2 main contracts currently at the site and focus on creating and maintaining the of As Built Records and support the Physical Configuration Audits (PCA's) for all project deliverables required by the customer.
As part of the Operations Engineering Team, the Snr Manufacturing Configuration Analyst is the recognised point of contact for all matters related to Operational Configuration, providing related process advice, problem solving and identifying improvement opportunities in existing practices.
The Snr Manufacturing Configuration Analyst will drive a proactive approach to right first time quality to promote improvements in the downstream processes, will enhance the reputation of the business through exceptional quality standards and contribute towards on time deliveries to the customer.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of As Built list generation (either manually or in ERP) within an Operational environment.
- A tenacious, detailed and data driven individual who can support within a Programme environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detailed understanding of the fundamentals of MRP, Manufacturing BOM's and routings and controlling factors within SAP (or similar ERP software).
- Strong communication skills that can sell and influence to a range of audiences internally and externally with the ability to work with all levels of the business.
- An independent thinker, able to take on the role of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to maintain the key requirements of Manufacturing Configuration.
- Key competences: Personal accountability, building relationships, planning for results, customer first, adaptability.
- Experience of SAP/Windchill or similar tool.
- A strong background in and knowledge of the use of Excel for data analysis.
- Experience in activities & techniques relating to the introduction of new products (NPI).
- Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology, Quality toolset experience.
- Experience of driving change in process, behaviour and culture.
- Problem solving experience (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) or relevant experience.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!