|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Manufacturing Configuration Engineer
Manufacturing Configuration Engineer needed for a multinational aerospace and defence organisation based near Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Manufacturing Configuration Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of SAP, Windchill, and the aerospace and defence Industry. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel would also be highly advantageous.
The successful Manufacturing Configuration Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday plus bank holidays
- 9 day fortnite (every other Friday off)
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Child care vouchers
- Bupa Healthcare
- Cycle scheme
- Life assurance
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Manufacturing Configuration Engineer will include:
- Tracks the configuration of the As-Built standard of manufactured assemblies in accordance with command media and contractual requirements.
- Ensures the timely creation of As-Built Records for retrospective uplift work, including evidencing the embodiment of Change and closure of Concessions.
- Oversees the creation of As-Built Records for internal assemblies.
- Tracks the embodiment of change into WIP and SAP Planning in line with Programme rhythm.
- Supports Physical Configuration Audits (PCA) and any incremental audits as required.
- Ensures robust controls are in place within the Manufacturing Business System (SAP) to ensure configuration control of manufactured parts is appropriate.
- Manages the control of Manufacturing Process Change in accordance with company command media.
- Participates in the Manufacturing Configuration Control Boards (MCCB) and as deputy chair when required.
- Supports the training for any new configuration systems and procedures across Operations when required.
- Awareness of the reporting of Change Embodiment in Work in Progress (WIP) and SAP Planning.
- Assist with the management of Statements of Work (SoW) for uplift packages.
What you need to be the successful Manufacturing Configuration Engineer:
In order to be the successful Manufacturing Configuration Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of a broad range of Configuration Management processes
- A tenacious, detailed and data driven individual who can support the configuration control principles with a challenging Programme environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detailed understanding of the fundamentals of MRP and experience in the maintenance of Manufacturing BOM's and routings and controlling factors within SAP (or similar ERP software).
- A high level of SAP/Windchill experience / knowledge is essential
- A strong background in and knowledge of the use of Excel for data analysis.
- Good communication skills that can sell and influence to a range of audiences internally and externally with the ability to work with all levels of the business
- An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements of quality and the customer
- Is familiar with document types utilised to define and document a Manufacturing process
- Experience of preparing operational documentation and manufacturing data-packs.
- Key competences: Personal accountability, building relationships, planning for results, customer first, adaptability.
- Capable of obtaining SC - Security Clearance
All applicants must be elegible for SC Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Configuration Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!