|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £35000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Manufacturing Configuration Manager to join them at their Bedfordshire location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description:
Reporting into the Manufacturing Configuration & Standards Manager, shall be responsible for maintaining configuration control of hardware manufactured on site for one or more Programmes within the organisation.
Tasks shall include but is not limited to the following;
- Tracks the configuration of the as built standard of a manufactured assembly produced in accordance with command media and contractual requirements.
- Ensures the timely creation of an As-Built Record for an Assembly
- Supports in the undertaking of Product Configuration Audits (PCA)
- Supports the generation of End Item Data Packs.
- Ensures robust controls are in place within the Manufacturing Business System (SAP) to ensure configuration control of manufactured parts is appropriate.
- Supports the control of Manufacturing Process Change in accordance with command media.
- Maintains and reports Key Performance Indicators with respect to Manufacturing Configuration
In addition the Manufacturing Configuration Analyst shall also have responsibility for ensuring all configuration controlled documents produced within the Manufacturing organisation are suitably controlled and are in accordance with defined standards.
Tasks may include but is not limited to the following;
- Creation of Standard Templates / Gold Standards of Documents
- Technical Author activities / tasks in support of the Operations Engineering team
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of a broad range of Configuration Management processes and acts as an advocate of these principles within assigned Programme.
- Tenacious individual who can govern configuration control principles in challenging Programme environments.
- Has the ability to appropriately interact with all levels of the organisation
- Is familiar with document types utilised to define and document a Manufacturing process
- Has experience in defining and governing document standards
- A high level of SAP experience / knowledge is highly desirable
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.