|Location: Ampthill, Bedfordshire||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Manufacturing Engineer - Permanent Position - Based in Ampthill - Paying £35,000 per annum
Currently im looking for a Manufacturing Engineer with extensive Configuration experience to join my client who are a leading Defence company based in Ampthill, Bedfordshire. This position will offer the successful Manufacturing Engineer a chance to progress their career working on some of the world's most cutting edge and exciting projects.
Benefits package for the successful Manufacturing Engineer:
- Competitive Salary Paying up to £35,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday in addition to Bank Holidays
- Competitive Pension scheme
- Flexible Start/Finish times
- Life Assurance
- Medical insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
Required skills for the successful Manufacturing Engineer:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of a broad range of Configuration Management processes
- A tenacious, detailed and data driven individual who can support the configuration control principles with a challenging Programme environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detailed understanding of the fundamentals of MRP and experience in the maintenance of Manufacturing BOM's and routings and controlling factors within SAP (or similar ERP software).
- A high level of SAP/Windchill experience / knowledge is essential
- A strong background in and knowledge of the use of Excel for data analysis.
- Good communication skills that can sell and influence to a range of audiences internally and externally with the ability to work with all levels of the business
- An independent thinker, able to take an assertive stance to enforce the key requirements of quality and the customer
- Is familiar with document types utilised to define and document a Manufacturing process
- Experience of preparing operational documentation and manufacturing data-packs.
- Key competences: Personal accountability, building relationships, planning for results, customer first, adaptability.
Main responsibilities for the successful Manufacturing Engineer:
- Tracks the configuration of the As-Built standard of manufactured assemblies at LMUK Ampthill in accordance with command media and contractual requirements.
- Ensures the timely creation of As-Built Records for retrospective uplift work, including evidencing the embodiment of Change and closure of Concessions.
- Oversees the creation of As-Built Records for internal assemblies.
- Tracks the embodiment of change into WIP and SAP Planning in line with Programme rhythm.
- Supports Physical Configuration Audits (PCA) and any incremental audits as required.
- Ensures robust controls are in place within the Manufacturing Business System (SAP) to ensure configuration control of manufactured parts is appropriate.
- Manages the control of Manufacturing Process Change in accordance with LMUK Ampthill command media.
- Participates in the Manufacturing Configuration Control Boards (MCCB) and as deputy chair when required.
- Supports the training for any new configuration systems and procedures across Operations when required.
- Awareness of the reporting of Change Embodiment in Work in Progress (WIP) and SAP Planning.
- Assist with the management of Statements of Work (SoW) for uplift packages.
Desired skills for the successful Manufacturing Engineer:
- Experience in activities & techniques relating to the introduction of new products (NPI)
- CI, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology, Quality toolset experience.
- Experience of driving change in process, behaviour and culture
- Problem solving experience (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
- Has experience in defining and governing document standards.
- Project Management Experience.
Please note that the successful Manufacturing Engineer must be eligible for Security Clearance (SC)