|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Electronics||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Manufacturing Engineer required to join a globally established Aerospace / Electronics company based in the Middlesex area. The Manufacturing Engineer will deliver process improvements so cost reductions can be made to the business both internally and within the supply chain.
On offer for the Manufacturing Engineer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Key responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer include:
- Creation, review and maintenance of manufacturing documentation for all products in line with customer requirements, cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Assures product and process quality and control by designing repeatable and reproducible manufacturing processes; establishing standards and verifying manufacturing processes with Manufacturing technicians and operators.
- Evaluates existing and new manufacturing processes and products through the use of PFMEA and implements improvement actions when risks are identified.
- Demonstrates process control through the use of control plans and appropriate analysis.
- Designs and manages the manufacturing of tooling required to support repeatability and reproducibility, implementing into production in the appropriate manner.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by planning process work flow, defining space requirements, manufacturing tools and layout.
- Provides manufacturing engineering support to product and process investigations and delivers reports that include the use of Root Cause Analysis tools and Preventative and corrective action tools and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing support to the FRACAS process to reduce defects reported from the shop floor; this includes working with suppliers to reduce defects originating from the supply chain, feeding back to the Engineering Design Team where appropriate.
Required skillset for the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Experience in working in an Aerospace design and manufacturing environment.
- Experience in manufacturing of electromechanical products.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods for mechanical assemblies and products i.e. machining and fabrication techniques.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods for PCB/PCBA assemblies and products i.e. soldering and coating techniques.
- Knowledge of manufacturing tools and techniques in a low volume/high complexity environment i.e. Lean manufacturing techniques and six sigma methodology.
- Proactive at researching and learning about new manufacturing processes and techniques.
- PC Literate: able to use MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Office.
- Ability to positively contribute in a team environment.
- Eligibility for Security Clearance