|Location: Lewes, East Sussex||Salary: £30000 - £38000 per annum + Ben's|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 27 days ago|
East Sussex, Commutable from Hailsham, Lewes, Eastbourne, Brighton, Uckfield etc
Salary: £30,000 to £38,000
I have a great opportunity for a Quality/Manufacturing Engineer to join an innovative Technology company based in East Sussex. You will be responsible for managing Quality and Manufacturing Processes on the production line. You will work closely with the Operations Manager and Production team to implement and Improve Processes, dealing with NCR's, FAIR's Customers and suppliers. If you have knowledge of Lean principals that would be beneficial.
This role will give you scope to grow and bring new ideas to the table and looking after your own work flow. The company can offer you a friendly laid back environment to work in where you will know everyone on first name terms.
Your main responsibilities as a manufacturing engineer will involve:
- Developing and improving processes and procedures ensuring efficient and effective manufacture of our products, including the management of build and test instructions for the shop floor and the migration of these into our ERP system.
- Creating and managing workflows to streamline the manufacturing and testing processes above.
- leading continuous improvement initiatives within projects and across operations to support the business strategic objectives with a focus on waste reduction and quality improvement.
- Taking ownership of the resolution of quality issues through the structured application of problem solving and root cause analysis techniques
- Liaising with both Purchasing and Manufacturing departments to ensure analysis and feedback is translated into corrective actions.
- Supporting regulatory / financial audits and assist the operations manager in the development and upkeep of the QMS to ensure compliance with ISO9001.
- Ensuring that routing of assemblies and sub-assemblies is correct and liaise with engineering and production to identify the requirement for jigs, fixtures or tooling if needed.
- Communicating with Engineering departments to give feedback on initial builds and suggest design changes to ensure DFM is considered.
- Being an assertive, communicative, proactive self-starter! This is a new role and is yours to develop. We will support and provide training to ensure you succeed.
Experience / Qualifications required:
- Minimum HNC / HND or equivalent in a mechanical, engineering or manufacturing discipline.
- A strong Manufacturing / Production engineering background including dealing with low volume, high value complex components and mechanical or electro mechanical assemblies.
- An understanding of inspection processes such as first article inspection and the use of measurement equipment such as gauges, vernier, trimos, and more automated methods would be advantageous
- Experience raising and processing ECR's, NCR's and managing quality / production documentation.
- A good understanding of quality management methods and ISO9001 requirements.
- Experience using an MRP / ERP system and working in a process led manufacturing environment.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings fluently and to recognise where data is conflicted or incorrect.
- Experience with non-conformance analysis including identification of root cause using standard tools and suggestions / implementation of corrective actions.
- A good understanding of LEAN / 6 Sigma and CI tools and techniques (5s, PDCA, DMAIC, Poka-Yoke, Continuous flow, Kaizen etc)
This is a great opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join a growing company with a great family feel. APPLY TODAY!!