|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
6-month initial contract
Manufacturing Engineer needed for a multinational financial organisation based in West London who are looking to employ an experienced Manufacturing Engineer with experience of working in an Aerospace design and manufacturing environment, knowledge of manufacturing methods for PCB/PCBA assemblies and products i.e. soldering and coating techniques, knowledge of manufacturing tools and techniques in a low volume/high complexity environment i.e. Lean manufacturing techniques and six sigma methodology.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- Creation, review and maintenance of manufacturing documentation for all products in line with customer requirements, cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Assures product and process quality and control by designing repeatable and reproducible manufacturing processes; establishing standards and verifying manufacturing processes with Manufacturing technicians and operators.
- Evaluates existing and new manufacturing processes and products through the use of PFMEA and implements improvement actions when risks are identified.
- Demonstrates process control through the use of control plans and appropriate analysis.
- Designs and manages the manufacturing of tooling required to support repeatability and reproducibility, implementing into production in the appropriate manner.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by planning process work flow, defining space requirements, manufacturing tools and layout.
- Provides manufacturing engineering support to product and process investigations and delivers reports that include the use of Root Cause Analysis tools and Preventative and corrective action tools and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing support to the FRACAS process to reduce defects reported from the shop floor; this includes working with suppliers to reduce defects originating from the supply chain, feeding back to the Engineering Design Team where appropriate.
What you need to be the successful Manufacturing Engineer:
In order to be the successful Manufacturing Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience in working in an Aerospace design and manufacturing environment.
- Experience in manufacturing of electromechanical products.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods for mechanical assemblies and products i.e. machining and fabrication techniques.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods for PCB/PCBA assemblies and products i.e. soldering and coating techniques.
- Knowledge of manufacturing tools and techniques in a low volume/high complexity environment i.e. Lean manufacturing techniques and six sigma methodology.
- Proactive at researching and learning about new manufacturing processes and techniques.
- PC Literate: able to use MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Office.
- Ability to positively contribute in a team environment.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all candidates moving forward for the Manufacturing Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.