|Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £1 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Production||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Dominic Martin|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer Team Lead to take their career to the next level with one of the world's leading and fastest growing defence and electronics companies based in High Wycombe! Their recognised in the industry through their ground breaking technology for military applications; electro-optic systems, weapon interfacing electronics and naval combat management systems!
You as the Manufacturing Engineer Team Lead will be responsible for the manufacturing, assembly and test aspects of manufactured items on the projects allocated to you, also driving continuous improvement in production; using lean techniques, to reduce non-value added activity.
On offer to you:
* Permanent opportunity with growing organisation, progressive in delivering ground breaking systems to Royal Navy, British Army and the Royal Air Force customers!
* An above market salary with a list of benefits available! (I will discuss the salary with you after you confirm your interest in the position)!
* Early finishes on a Friday!
The key responsibilities and tasks for Manufacturing Engineer Team Lead includes:
* Participate in the Design Review Process, to ensure that designs are optimised, wherever possible for manufacture, assembly, test and supportability.
* Plan and co-ordinate New Product Introductions, working closely with other members of the project team, to ensure delivery to customer deadlines.
* Develop the manufacturing methods, processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, quality control and safety standards to efficiently deliver manufactured items, to time and cost targets set.
* Drive process improvements to ensure the most efficient, cost effective working methods are employed by implementing LEAN tools and techniques (e.g. 8D, 5S and Process Mapping).
* Critique and troubleshoot existing designs, providing feedback to project teams and engineering, specifically where inefficiencies in the manufacturing process are detected.
* Responsible for the ESD compliance of production and test areas. Taking on the role of ESD Controller.
* Ensure a safe working environment in line with the business Health and Safety procedures.
Essential Qualifications and Skills required for Manufacturing Engineer Team Lead Position:
* Analyse and plan work force utilisation, space requirements, workflow, designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
* To create Manufacturing Plans on allocated projects, detailing: area layout, process maps, test equipment requirements, cycle-times, resourcing, capital equipment, and tooling, handling equipment, operator training and timescales.
* Create accurate estimates for manufacturing times (including assembly, wiring, testing and inspection) for proposed new systems, to be submitted as part of the bid activity.
* Undertake training of staff in specific areas (i.e. ESD Control and 5S) when required.
* Ensure availability to the shop floor of drawings, specifications and manufacturing instructions, to the correct issue, before kits of parts are made available.
* Implement the requirements of EN/ISO61340 (ESD).
* Conduct Process FMEAs and 8D Projects, ensuring mitigation actions are completed.
Please remember, you must be eligible for SC security clearance when applying for this opportunity.
How to apply:
To discuss your application and enquire about interviewing for this position please apply for the role online and Dominic Martin at Gold Group Ltd will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the next steps of your application.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.