|Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Daniel Bowles|
Manufacturing Engineer Team Leader
Manufacturing Engineer Team Leader needed for a leading electronics organisation based in Loudwater. My client is looking to employ an experienced Manufacturing Engineer Team Leader to support the Head of Manufacturing Engineering & NPI and be responsible for the manufacturing, assembly and test aspects of manufactured items.
The successful Manufacturing Engineer Team Leader will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: Competitive (to be discussed at application stage)
- 25 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus based 5-15%
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Child care vouchers
- Flexible working (plus early finish Fridays)
- Cycle scheme
- Life assurance
Some of the main responsibilities and tasks of the Manufacturing Engineer Team Leader will include:
- To participate in the Design Review Process, to ensure that designs are optimised, wherever possible for manufacture, assembly, test and supportability.
- To plan and co-ordinate New Product Introductions, working closely with other members of the project team, to ensure delivery to customer deadlines.
- To develop the manufacturing methods, processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, quality control and safety standards to efficiently deliver manufactured items, to time and cost targets set.
- To support the development of the supply chain strategy for projects, to drive early engagement with the supply chain for new designs and to deal effectively with supplier technical queries.
- To drive process improvements to ensure the most efficient, cost effective working methods are employed by implementing LEAN tools and techniques (eg 8D, 5S and Process Mapping).
- To critique and troubleshoot existing designs, providing feedback to project teams and engineering, specifically where inefficiencies in the manufacturing process are detected.
- Analyse and plan work force utilisation, space requirements, workflow, designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- To create Manufacturing Plans on allocated projects, detailing: area layout, process maps, test equipment requirements, cycle-times, resourcing, capital equipment, and tooling, handling equipment, operator training and timescales.
- Create accurate estimates for manufacturing times (including assembly, wiring, testing and inspection) for proposed new systems, to be submitted as part of the bid activity.
- Undertake training of staff in specific areas (i.e. ESD Control and 5S) when required.
- Defining manufacturing material handling processes and equipment on assigned projects.
- Implement the requirements of EN/ISO61340 (ESD).
In order to be the successful Manufacturing Engineer Team Leader and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- HND/Degree in relevant discipline (Mechanical/Electronics)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt qualified.
- Knowledge of lean methodology. With a track record of making sustainable changes.
- Experience of using MRP systems and modern manufacturing techniques.
Desirable but not essential:
- Project management qualification
- Defence sector experience
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer Team Leader to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.