|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £100000 per annum + + Benefits (Salary discussed on application)|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join them at their Bedfordshire location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs. This will be on an initial 6 month contract but the likelihood of an extension is quite high.
06:00-15:00 & 14:00-23:00 shift options
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
Reporting directly into the Operations Director, shall act as the Department Manager for the Operations Engineering department responsible for a team of circa 30 employees including Manufacturing Engineers, Industrial Engineers and Configuration Analysts.
Provides overall management of a team of Engineers which includes but is not limited to the following;
- Development of Operations Engineering strategy and associated 5 year plan
- Establishment of Operations Engineering Organisation Structure and changes managed as and when deemed necessary
- All Recruitment activities
- All HR Activities including Performance reviews, talent development, Promotional planning
- Development and maintenance of all Operations Engineering Processes within Touchstone
- Agreeing Service Level Agreements (SLA's) with internal customers and ensuring tactical performance of the Operations Department meets these levels
- Ensuring management to all Programme EAC positions with Operations Engineering activities
- Delivery of Operations Engineering solutions to programme requirements
- Planning and subsequent Management of Department 044 overhead budgets
- Operations Engineering primary signatory for EPP's and development of associated BOE's through tollgate reviews
Be able to manage all aspects of Operations Engineering activities across the lines of business with direct management responsibilities of a department of Manufacturing Professionals.
- Experienced Manufacturing Manager having prior successes working with Systems & Build-to-Print Manufacturers and Internal Design Teams
- Knowledge of Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing & integration, Welding and Special Processes, Composite Manufacture and/or vehicle integration in the Automotive and / or Defence sectors.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to initiate and maintain relationships at all levels of the organisations and manage frequent interactions with Leadership Team and other internal and external customers.
- Ability to set a clear vision for the Operations Engineering function, gain full buy in and commitment from all of the Manufacturing professionals within the team and develop a strategy plan to move periodically towards this vision
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.