|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £30.00 - £33.00 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Matt Henocq|
Manufacturing Process Engineer
The Manufacturing Project/Process Engineer will be an integral part of a project team who will manage New Product Introductions (NPI) projects. They will work with as part of this team in conjunction with the cross functional partners - Engineering, Quality, Operations and the Design teams to develop this NPI's. They will lead many process development activities and work under the guidance of the senior project team members. They will research, develop and implement technologies to develop a robust supply chain.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Project/Process Engineer will be required to:
- Lead multiple projects/activities while ensuring an integrated product and process development cycle.
- Deliver results by preparation and project management of activities
- Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
- Competent in validation requirements on new equipment
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Associates/ Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
- Bringing New products/Technologies to production readiness
- Lead technology selection and process design for product manufacture.
- Manage Partner Development, technology Readiness Assessments, PFMEA/risk assessment studies and process development/validation activities.
- Deliver stable, lean manufacturing solutions.
- Budget control
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management/Mechanical/ Biomedical Engineering or a related discipline with 5 years' experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a medical device or equivalent regulated environment
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Proven Root Cause analysis and problem solving techniques
- Excellent Planning & Organisational Skills
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant technical area
- Chartered Engineer
- Value Engineering practitioner
- Proficiency of GD&T and ASME Y14.5M 1994 standards
- Certified Six Sigma qualifications.
- Certified Project Management qualifications (Prince/FPX/PMBoK)