|Location: Hailsham, East Sussex||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Design||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Quality Engineer (Manufacturing)
Based in East Sussex near Lewes
£30,000 - £40,000
I am recruiting for an experienced Quality Engineer with a background in manufacturing to join my client based in East Sussex. The successful candidate will be motivated, independent and driven to succeed. You will work closely with suppliers and in house manufacturing departments to drive quality and manufacturing improvements.
Your main responsibilities as a Quality Engineer will involve:
- Taking ownership of the processing and resolution of quality issues through the structured application of problem solving and root cause analysis techniques
- Updating quality documentation and processes to ensure these are relevant, compliant and that data is used to drive areas of the business forward.
- Liaising with both Purchasing and Manufacturing departments to ensure analysis and feedback is translated into corrective actions.
- Assisting in developing and improving processes and procedures ensuring efficient and effective manufacture of our products, including the management of build and test instructions for the shop floor and the possible migration of these into our ERP system.
- leading continuous improvement initiatives within projects and across operations to support the business strategic objectives with a focus on waste reduction and quality improvement.
- Supporting regulatory / financial audits and assist the operations manager in the development and upkeep of the QMS to ensure compliance with ISO9001.
- Assisting to ensure the routing of assemblies and sub-assemblies is correct and liaise with engineering and production to identify the requirement for jigs, fixtures or tooling if needed to maintain consistent quality of build.
- Communicating with Engineering departments to give feedback on initial builds and suggest design changes and ensure DFM is considered.
- Playing a key role in the success of the manufacturing engineering department
- Being an assertive, communicative, proactive self-starter! This role is yours to develop and we will support and provide training to ensure you succeed.
The successful Quality Engineer will have most of the following Skills / Attributes:
- Minimum HNC / HND or equivalent in a mechanical, engineering or manufacturing discipline.
- A hands-on quality engineering background including dealing with low volume, high value complex components and mechanical or electromechanical assemblies.
- Experience and understanding of manufacturing / production engineering and the importance of good processes during the manufacturing lifecycle.
- An understanding of inspection processes such as first article inspection and the use of measurement equipment such as gauges, vernier, trimos, CMM etc
- Experience raising and processing ECR's, NCR's and managing quality documentation.
- A good understanding of quality management methods and ISO9001 requirements.
- Experience using an MRP / ERP system and working in a process led manufacturing environment.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings fluently and to recognise where data is conflicted or incorrect.
- Experience with non-conformance analysis including identification of root cause using standard tools and suggestions / implementation of corrective actions.
- A good understanding of LEAN / 6 Sigma and CI tools and techniques (5s, PDCA, DMAIC, Poka-Yoke, Continuous flow, Kaizen etc, Green belt would be an advantage)
Hours: 7:30-4:30 Monday to Thursday, 7:30-1:30 Friday.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.