|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: £1000 - £100000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Manufacturing Technician required to join a globally established Aerospace / Defence company in the area of Cheltenham. Reporting into the Production Manager, the Manufacturing Technician will help provide smooth running of the Operations team.
On offer for the Manufacturing Technician is a competitive salary and benefits package which can be discussed at application stage.
Key responsibilities of the Manufacturing Technician will include:
- To be the first point of contact for the operators & Technicians within the team as issues arise during the build, inspect and test of new build products.
- Review & update Manufacturing Instructions & Route cards / MCC's to allow Production Engineering to validate & issue via our Team Centre process.
- To take ownership of all test equipment maintenance in their team to ensure it is always fit for purpose.
- To take ownership of calibrated equipment within their team to ensure all equipment is processed with Calibration in a timely manner & sufficient tooling is available.
- To be trained to Calibrate agreed items within the team
- To manage & undertake PAT testing of equipment in their team
- To be part of the team that train operators as needed
- Working with the cell leaders to help define and implement lean tooling solutions.
- To support the Implementation of New Products into production.
- To Report to the Production Manager / Team Leader to ensure smooth running of the operations team.
- Act as the team's link into quality, manufacturing engineering, engineering & other areas of the business as needed.
- Identify problems/issues and recommend solutions to prevent recurrence
- Review your job progress on an annual basis with the objective of achieving continuous improvement. You will need to adhere and contribute to the advancement of the Company Mission.
- Maintain awareness and attend training courses as applicable for the purpose of the Company and self-development
- Adhere at all times to Company Procedure
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested
Background of the Manufacturing Technician must include:
- Full understanding of the expectations and requirements of your primary customer
- To work with fellow team members in a respectful and courteous manner
- Evidence of an eye test within the last 2 years and appropriate actions taken where required
- IPC certified
- Thorough knowledge of continuous improvement methods, in particular 'lean' and use this understanding to question and where necessary challenge constructively any operation or instruction believed not to be the most effective option for the Company or its customers
- 3 years' experience within an aerospace / defence environment and/or a formal engineering qualification (NVQ/C&G/ONC etc.)
- Already have, or willing to undergo BPSS security checks
- Perfect colour vision - actual importance dependent upon specific role
- Previous experience in an Aerospace or defence manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of concession processes, MRB processes and ECR processes
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.