|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Manufacturing technician needed for a multinational Aerospace organisation based in Cheltenham. They're looking to employ an experienced Manufacturing technician with experience working on electronics products.
The successful Manufacturing technician will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus
- Contributed pension
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Manufacturing technician will include:
- To build, inspect and test new build products to ATP documentation in accordance with the individual's scope of approval.
- To diagnose faults on all products as required.
- To undertake fault diagnosis of returned items & provide a comprehensive strip report
- Carry out repair & test of customers units as required.
- To become part of the training team in operations that delivers various training packages across the shopfloor.
- Carry out first off / patrol inspection of non-approved operators work, in line with their scope of approval
What you need to be the successful Manufacturing technician:
In order to be the successful Manufacturing technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Full understanding of the expectations and requirements of your primary customer
- To work with fellow team members in a respectful and courteous manner
- Evidence of an eye test within the last 2 years and appropriate actions taken where required
- A minimum of 6 months broad based cell experience (an understanding of the range and complexity of the products that the cell produces)
- IPC certified
- Thorough knowledge of continuous improvement methods, in particular 'lean' and use this understanding to question and where necessary challenge constructively any operation or instruction believed not to be the most effective option for the Company or its customers
- 3 years' experience within an aerospace / defence environment and/or a formal engineering qualification (Desirable)
- Already have, or willing to undergo BPSS security checks
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Manufacturing technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.