|Location: Hove, East Sussex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Oil & Gas||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Margin Analyst needed for a market leading energy organisation based in Hove who are looking to employ an experienced Margin Analyst with advanced analytical, statistical and modelling experience with commercial and industry awareness & customer focus, experience and proven delivery in managing financial or commercial targets in a highly regulated environment, and the Energy Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Margin Analyst will include:
Accountable for Elements of The Delivery of Non-Standard Variable and Non-energy Product Margin Strategies to Meet GM Targets for Residential Sales Across Both the Near and Medium Term, Which Could Include Any of The Following Activities:
- Role feeding into the development, review & testing of complex analysis and modelling, building recommendations to inform and challenge business operations, performance and improvement. Peer review of output from other team members where required.
- Contribute to the delivery of acquisition and retention price strategies for all competitive tariffs and products that allows the company to meet its volume and Gross Margin targets
- Ability to lead on pricing all non-Standard Variable energy and non-energy tariffs and products to maximise margin in both the short and long term, for both new and existing customers
- Ensure a good understanding of key risks and opportunities and contribute to action plans to manage these
- Support the design and operation of a forecast process that delivers a demand forecast which underpins accurate Finance forecasts and minimises energy purchase and hedging risk
- Maintain and continually challenge analysis and reporting that ensures both Energy & Non-Energy sales and margin are fully understood, all risks and opportunities known and quantified and decisions are taken in the full knowledge of their consequences
- Ensure all legal and compliance requirements are met
What you need to be the successful Margin Analyst:
In order to be the successful Margin Analyst and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Advanced analytical, statistical and modelling experience with commercial and industry awareness & customer focus
- Experience and proven delivery in managing financial or commercial targets in a highly regulated environment
- A strong understanding and experience of working with financial data (OPEX/P&L/EBITDA)
- Should be analytical with demonstrable ability in creating and interpreting MI reports and performance data
- Numerate, analytical with commercial acumen, ideally gained in a commercial or financial background.
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Able to establish and maintain effective business relationships with key stakeholders at all levels with strong influencing skills
- Proven track record of identifying and achieving sustainable long-term deliverables whilst maintaining short-term performance
- Ability to translate business strategies into clear objectives, plans and team priorities.
- Ability to Identify opportunities to simplify, control costs and create value and implement initiatives that have a measurable impact on our commercial performance
- Creates the right environment for idea generation & supports others in making new ideas work. Takes the initiative to lead change that delivers benefits.
- Strong knowledge of residential energy supply market
- An education to degree standard or a demonstration of ability to the same level delivered in a working environment
- Strong understanding of the energy industry and retail markets
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Margin Analyst to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!