|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Marine Design Engineer
Contract - Initial 3 months
Marine Design Engineer required for a globally recognised defence / maritime company who are based in Portsmouth. My client are looking for a Marine Design Engineer on an initial 3 month contract to work on an exciting project.
The succesful candidate will produce designs for ships including..prime-mover, Gearbox, ELMOTS, Shafting, Props, Rudders, Thrusters, Deck machinery systems in ship's design.
All applicants must already be security cleared (SC) for this role.
Key Experience and Knowledge needed for Marine Design Engineer:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of marine propulsion chain engineering, including requirements of Class notations
- Thorough knowledge of marine fluid system engineering, including requirements of Class notations
- Ability to produce system specifications for discussion and negotiation with equipment manufacturers
- Ability to lead small project team
- Good awareness of design for production
- Understanding of design development of vessels and systems
- Ability to manage the requirements of multidisciplinary stakeholders
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD, Mircrosoft Office and Ship Constructor or similar.
- A good understanding of the Commercial and UK Military Marine industry and associated contacts base
To apply for this exciting 3 month contract opportunity for a Marine Design Engineer please press 'apply now'.