|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £48000 per annum + Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Maritime Service Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £48,000 + Package
Key Skills: Maritime, Installation, Commissioning, Design, Development, Integration, Test, Sea Trials, MCTA, Navigation, WECDIS, Radar, HAT, SAT, Navy, Surface Ship, Submarine, Marine, Warship, Electrical
An experienced Service Engineer is required to play a key role in conducting all Maritime related support activities, inclusive of integration and test of new software builds for the platforms and related land-based test sites.
So, what will you be doing as a Service Engineer?
- Support the software rollout plans for upgrades to Radar and Navigation systems.
- Conduct platform Software installation, test and verification activities
- Develop and document OPDEF/Fault rectifications and subsequent and test procedures.
- Develop and conduct equipment Diagnosis and Repair
- Perform diagnosis, maintenance on and modifications to the electrical, electronic, IT and mechanical systems installed on Operational Platforms and in Training establishments. The highest level of engineering standards and practices are expected at all times.
- Undertake Maritime sea trials on-board Royal Navy ships and submarines.
What are we looking for in our next Service Engineer?
- Have previous Maritime navigation experience, inclusive of WECDIS, Naval Compass and Radar Systems
- Experience in the upgrade and maintenance of Radar/Navigation systems
- Maritime navigation experience, including WECDIS, Naval Compass and Radar Systems
- Experience of surface fleet installations
- Maintenance of complex electrical systems
- Willing to travel and work off site on board Royal Navy ships and submarines
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the Service Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Service Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.