|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £50000 - £62000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Maritime Test Lead
Maritime Test Lead required to join one of the world's largest defence companies as part of their Maritime programme. The Maritime Test Lead must have experience of testing, initiating and holding accountability for the implementation and testing of systems on ships (eg radars etc).
On offer for the Maritime Test Lead:
- A basic salary up to £62,000 depending on experience
- A competitive benefits scheme
- Career progression
- 3 day weekeed every 2 weeks.
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Strong project pipeline
This candidate will be replacing a key member of their maritime programme and will have the opportunity to grow within the business. The Maritime Test Lead shall plan, implement, test, document and maintain enterprise-wide solutions to total system or subsystems using internally created and/or off the shelf products. They will report to the Engineering Leadership team and will need to hold the following responsibilities:
- Developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product.
- Application of advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
- Review, evaluation and derivation of requirements for testability, develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for complete systems and/or subsystems.
- Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced I&T technical research studies and applications.
- Serves as organization I&T spokesperson on complex projects and/or programs.
- Support Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
The Maritime Test Lead will need the following skillset:
- Ability to synthesize customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Experience of integrating complex systems
- Experience of qualifying software to Safety Integrity Levels (SIL 2, DO-168)
- Experience of defining & monitoring sub-contract test activities
- Familiar with Military EMC and Environmental Standards and sub-contracting testing to these.
- Knowledge of Modelling and Simulation techniques for validation
- Knowledge of integration to Def Stan 21-88 desirable
All candidates must be eligible to obtain Security Clearance (SC)
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.