|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £25 - £26 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
Material Scientist needed for a globally recognised medical devices manufacturing company based in Leeds who are looking to employ an experienced Material Scientist with an in-depth knowledge of advanced metals, material processing, material performance, research and development and the medical devices industry.
The successful Material Scientist will want to work for this client not just because it's a fantastic opportunity to enhance and advance their career but also because they are offering a very competitive pay rate of up to £26 per hour.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Material Scientist will include:
* Demonstrated record of excellence in materials science and engineering.
* Strengths should complement the existing research activities of our department.
* Develop understanding of the orthopaedic device market and clinical and business needs.
* Become SME in metallurgical scientific discipline. Eventually will mentor others
* Review next-generation materials for instrument and implant application and provide advice on suitability and potential further evaluation requirements related technologies for medical devices used in the treatment of musculoskeletal joint diseases.
* Have a working knowledge of ISO and ASTM material standards
* The candidate should have a proven track record of successfully leading research projects/teams.
* Present project work to group, R&D and company stakeholders.
* Develop effective working relationships within R&D and across the company.
* Participate in technical review of new technologies and product development opportunities.
* Participate in and consult with the internal and external scientific community to maintain state-of-the-art knowledge for application to experimental work and projects.
* Write technical reports, test protocols and work instructions.
What you need to be the successful Material Scientist:
In order to be the successful Material Scientist and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* MS in Materials Science Engineering, Metallurgy, Physics or closely related discipline with 4+ years industry experience, or BS with 5+ years industry experience or PhD with 2+ years industry experience.
* Expertise in advanced metals, materials processing, materials performance, microstructural science and the role microstructure has on properties.
* Knowledgeable in physical metallurgy, mechanical behaviour, phase transformations and advanced microstructural characterization.
* Prior experience of developing materials specifications
* Knowledgeable in the metallurgical effects of heat treatment, sintering, solidification
* Preference placed on candidates with expertise in super alloys and titanium based metals.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Highly self-motivated
* Able to partner effectively
* Good working-level communication and presentation skills
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Material Scientist to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly, so don't miss out!