|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Harriet Houlton|
We have a fantastic permanent opportunity available for a Materials Controller to join an industry leading aerospace and defense organisation.
The successful Materials Controller will recieve a list of excellent benefits including...
- 25 days holiday
- Health care
- Dental care
- Life Assurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- & much more!
Some of the responsibilities of the Materials Controller will include...
- Place/Expedite/Confirm purchase orders in line with MRP.
- Release and reserve shop order in line with MRP.
- Action MRP messages and shortage reports (for manufactured and purchased parts) on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that all pricing and lead time data is kept up to date with most recent agreed supplier data.
- Develop professional relationships with suppliers
- Manage supplier performance to exceed 95% OTIF
- Where OTIF is less than 95% work with the supplier to produce an action plan to recover.
- Reduce costs within the supply chain in line with agreed targets
- Work closely with the Commodity managers to take opportunity to consolidate the supply chain utilising alliance and strategic suppliers.
- Support Commodity managers to ensure time critical tasks are completed on time.
- Ensure that extra ordinary costs are not incurred as a result of supply chain activity e.g. FAIR's, delivery charges, artwork, tooling.
- Monitor material availability and release pick lists to stores in line with MRP and material availability.
- Perform contract review on customer orders.
- Effectively communicate customer order availability changes within the business
- Ensure supply chain actions resulting from engineering changes are implemented with minimum impact on delivery and inventory
- Attend daily/weekly supply and planning meetings as required.
- Handle in process material exceptions (e.g. scrap, MRB)
- Manage delivery terms with suppliers and where possible initiate cost savings.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required by the Company.
If you think you would like to be considered for the role of Materials Controller please apply!