|Location: Lancashire, England||Salary: £20 - £27 per hour|
|Sector: Life Sciences||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Materials Engineer
Rate: £20 - £27 p/h
Term: Initial 6 Months
Key Skills: Materials, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Polymers, Coatings, Biomaterials, Project Management, Microscopy, Analysis, FMEA, Validation, Verification, Testing, Sampling, CQA, CPP
An experienced Materials Engineer is required to join my client to lead the technological improvements and product transfers in conjunction with local Quality, Engineering and Operations personnel ensuring timely successful project completion. You will provide technical leadership with cross functional teams in developing and validating advanced manufacturing automated systems for the implementation of leading edge technologies.
Working from site, this is a truly fantastic opportunity for the right person. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
So, what will you be doing as a Materials Engineer?
- Consolidation & validation of project plans & deliverables
- Define process outputs, transfer functions, process inputs
- Characterise product and processes, including the identification of CQAs & CPPs
- Defining of material characterization using advanced analytical techniques
- Facilitate process FMEA and ensure action follow up and revisions as required
- Drive the validation/verification strategies
- Leading of project teams where necessary as required
- Support the testing and sampling where necessary and required
What are we looking for in our next Materials Engineer?
- Degree Educated in a STEM Discipline
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within a technical role/environment
- 2+ years proven Project Management experience
- Possess a working knowledge of Quality Management Standards
- Six-Sigma Green Belt Certified
- Possess a proven knowledge and understanding of Medical Device/Pharmaceutical regulated industries
- Materials characterization experience - Microscopy, chemical-physical analysis
- Ability to provide technical leadership, working with cross functional teams
- Experience in the areas of Polymers, Coatings, Biomaterials
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills, experience and desire to provide exceptional Materials expertise, this is the opportunity for you!
If you are interested in joining a well-established, internationally renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field, hit that apply button now!