|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 14 days ago|
My Client is looking for a Materials Engineer to join them at their Bedfordshire location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description:
The job involves a wide range of materials research activities including:
- Supporting the development of manufacturing processes to ensure consistent products that meet required quality and technical requirements.
- Providing advice and recommendations on Materials testing, selection and application.
- Leading small scale materials research tasks, resourcing the support needed to deliver, while ensuring the cost and schedule achievement of the task.
- Building and maintaining materials properties databases and specifications to support the Engineering community.
- Producing technical documentation to support all activities, from trials specifications to detailed trials reporting.
- Communicating with all stakeholders, including Programme, Customer (both UK and US) and any external suppliers to ensure results are delivered to the highest standards.
- Working within and promoting the use of the Product Development Processes (PDP), which provides the guidance, instructions and controls need to deliver a high end product.
- Use of Microsoft Office and some bespoke software tools associated with materials trials analysis.
- Hands on experience with the development of composite materials manufacturing, processing and characterisation methods.
- Materials research or materials science and engineering background (qualifications and work experience) in both metallic and composite materials.
- Writing technical documents.
Trials management experience from trials specification, instrumentation, completion, post trials analysis and reporting in the following areas:
- Knowledge of non-destructive inspection techniques.
- Materials Laboratory
- Environmental Test Facility
- External Test Houses
- Experience of working withing an ISO 9001 Quality system.
- Presentation skills.
- Ampthill - Some travel (UK, France, US) 1-2 times a year. 2-4 times if additional customer issues arise
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.