|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £30 - £45 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Materials Research Engineer
Rate: £30-45 P/H
Materials Research Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire for a 12 month. They're looking to employ an experienced Materials Research Engineer from an engineering background who understands the impact on the materials compounds.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Materials Research Engineer will include:
- Supporting the development of prototype materials, technologies, products and processes to ensure product concepts and solutions meet required quality and technical requirements.
- Providing advice and recommendations on testing, selection and application.
- Leading small-scale research tasks, resourcing the support needed to deliver, while ensuring the cost and schedule achievement of the task.
- Building and maintaining technology, materials and modelling databases and specifications to support the Engineering community.
- Creating and testing prototype designs and demonstrators.
- Conducting Trade studies and technology reviews.
- Conducting tests and trials.
- Producing technical documentation to support all activities, from trials specifications to detailed trials reporting.
- Communicating with all stakeholders, including Programme, Customer (both UK and US) and any external suppliers to ensure results are delivered to the highest standards.
- Working within and promoting the use of the Product Development Processes (PDP), which provides the guidance, instructions and controls need to deliver a high-end product.
- Use of Microsoft Office and some bespoke software tools associated with materials trials analysis.
What you need to be the successful Materials Research Engineer:
In order to be the successful Materials Research Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Research and development background using novel technologies
- Conducted Trade Studies
- Trials and test experience
- Writing technical documents
- Whole lifecycle systems engineering on complex systems
- Conducted Operational analysis and Mission effectiveness studies
- Use of Rhapsody/DOORS for requirements management
- Experience of Matlab & Simulink
- Presentation skills
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Materials Research Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.