|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £25.00 - £32.00 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Matt Henocq|
Materials Science Engineer
My client's team of research and development engineers, scientists and technical experts are in the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. This position is within the R&D Laboratory group in our Joint Reconstruction business. The successful candidate will work to evaluate and provide materials advice to the R&D team based in Leeds, create and review material specifications, be a project team member on a global company alignment project.
- Demonstrated record of excellence in materials science and engineering.
* Strengths should complement the existing research activities of our department.
* Develop understanding of the orthopaedic device market and clinical and business needs.
* Become SME in metallurgical scientific discipline. Eventually will mentor others
* Review next-generation materials for instrument and implant application and provide advice on suitability and potential further evaluation requirements related technologies for medical devices used in the treatment of musculoskeletal joint diseases.
* Have a working knowledge of ISO and ASTM material standards
* The candidate should have a proven track record of successfully leading research projects/teams.
* Present project work to group, R&D and company stakeholders.
* Develop effective working relationships within R&D and across the company.
* Participate in technical review of new technologies and product development opportunities.
* Participate in and consult with the internal and external scientific community to maintain state-of-the-art knowledge for application to experimental work and projects.
* Write technical reports, test protocols and work instructions.
- MS in Materials Science Engineering, Metallurgy, Physics or closely related discipline with 4+ yrs industry experience, or BS with 5+ yrs industry experience or PhD with 2+ yrs industry experience.
* Expertise in advanced metals, materials processing, materials performance, microstructural science and the role microstructure has on properties.
* Knowledgeable in physical metallurgy, mechanical behaviour, phase transformations and advanced microstructural characterization.
* Prior experience of developing materials specifications
* Knowledgeable in the metallurgical effects of heat treatment, sintering, solidification
* Preference placed on candidates with expertise in super alloys and titanium based metals.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills