|Location: Staffordshire, England||Salary: £32000 - £40000 per annum + Subsidence|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Mechanic / Fitter
Stafford / Penkridge
Salary: £110 per shift
Salary Range from: £32,000 - £40,000 (including 30% salary increase on night rates)
Job Type: Permanent
Hour Range: 9 hour shift a day, 48 hour weeks
Mechanic / Fitter needed urgently for a main highways contractor in the Penkridge area. This is a permanent opportunity and the client is looking to get a Mechanic / Fitter started ASAP.
The successful Fitter / Mechanic will be working 70% night shifts and will be happy to travel all over the UK. The client will pay for the Mechanic / Fitter's accomodation and the candidate will recieve a £20 a day subsidence.
Interviews will be required and the client will see about getting you started ASAP.
Mechanic / Fitter Key Duties:
- To work as part of a small team providing a repair and maintenance service for all company owned plant, vehicles, and machinery.
- To provide on-site breakdown cover to the operations team.
- To repair and maintain Company vehicles in accordance with the planned servicing schedule or as directed by the Plant & Transport Director.
- To complete and upload appropriate administration records of all repairs, servicing, and inspections carried out.
- To liaise with the Plant & Transport administrator regarding service schedules, purchase order numbers, and stock levels.
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Compliance with the Health and Safety policy is the responsibility of all staff.
- All staff are responsible for the effective implementation of the company Health and Safety Policy and procedures within their Services and report any corporate or significant issues to the Plant & Transport Director.
- Staff should be familiar with and at all times comply with the general health and safety policy.
- To report any unsafe practice, accident, incident, dangerous occurrence or hazard found during your work.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work. To maintain Personal Protective Equipment and to report any PPE that is defective.
- To co-operate as is necessary to enable all health and safety requirements to be performed and complied with.
* Clean driving licence.
* Knowledge of Hydraulic Systems.
* Knowledge of Plant diesel engines.
* Proven experience in both Plant & Vehicle repairs/maintenance.
* Welding and fabrication processes.
* An understanding of health & safety legislation and Road Traffic Regulations.
* Capable of working alone; willing to work nights and away from home (Monday to Friday) as and when required. (Uplifts and allowances paid). Willing to work outdoors sometimes in adverse weather.
* NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
* Experience in maintaining material handling heavy plant such as screeners and trommels.
* Experience of Periodic Maintenance Inspections on LGV's.
* Large Goods Vehicle Driving Licence Class C.
* Basic IT Skills.
What We Offer For The Successful Fitter / Mechanic:
- Competitive Salary
- 20 days Holiday
- Company Van
- Auto Enrolment Pension Plan
- Life and Critical illness cover
- Nightime uplifts
- Working away allowances
If you are interested please apply straight away as our client is keen to get you started straight away.
Keywords: Machinist / Mechanical Fitter / Vehicle Mechanic / Stafford / Penkridge / Telford / Cannock
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.