|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
My client has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering Support Team Leader who will manage the co-ordination of designated maintenance activities and resources including manpower and equipment within the Base Maintenance Workshops department. You will also ensure all activities conform to EASA Part 145/21G, ISO 9001 / AS9100 requirements as well as having awareness of and compliance with SHE procedures. This position is based at Bournemouth International airport in Christchurch, Bournemouth.
As Mechanical Engineering Support Team Leader your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Apprenticeship or HM Forces equivalent training certification
- Previous working experience within an Aviation facility in a supervisory role leading teams
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and procedures (Part 145/21G, ISO 9001 / AS9100)
- Proven record of delivery in a production environment
- Excellent communication skills both within the management team and with direct line reports
- Self-starter who looks for lateral solutions
- Good leadership and motivational qualities
- Commercial background - familiar with working to tight deadlines and budgetary requirements
- Knowledge of structural repair / manufacture, heat treatments, paint processes, electro-mechanical component maintenance, inspection techniques and the use of measuring equipment
As Mechanical Engineering Support Team Leader your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the necessary liaison, supervision, engineering practices and training are implemented in accordance with regulations and instructions
- Ensuring the workshops remains a safe place to work and that the welfare, health and safety of staff under his/her control is maintained in alignment with business and regulatory standards
- Ensuring effective communication of workshop status with Engineering Control and other departments to ensure an agreed timely completion of all tasks
- The correct and safe use of materials and equipment through correct process
- The training of personnel to the level necessary to complete the tasks defined in their post description. This includes non-technical, technical and "on the job" training.
- The prompt and efficient implementation of Company regulations or procedures.
- The implementation of Company regulations as detailed in the Employment Manual, and other duties as necessary to ensure the correct administration of personnel under his/her control.
- Ensuring that all work on the aircraft and associated components is carried out in accordance with relevant CAvS & Regulatory (EASA/CAA/ISO/AS) procedures, aircraft maintenance manuals and engineering drawings to an appropriate and cost effective standard.
- Performing the inspection and release to service of components maintained or manufactured within the base workshops including First Article Inspection techniques.
- Supporting the inspection and release of items that have been sub-contracted out upon their receipt back into the business.
- The delegation of workshop operational requirements as necessary to ensure the task is achieved.
- Ensuring all tool control is carried out in accordance with CAvS procedures.
- Ensuring that all test and ground support equipment is in a serviceable/calibrated condition and fit to carry out its function before use.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
TO APPLY FOR THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY PLEASE PRESS 'APPLY NOW'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.