|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: Ben's|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Mechanical Assembly Technician
RF Power Sector
Essex: Commutable from, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, and Southend
Salary - £26,000 - £33,000 depending on your experience.
I have a great opportunity for a Mechanical Assembly Technician to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. My client is looking for a Mechanical bias assembly technician who has an appreciation for electrical/electronics. The products you will be working on are mechanical but will run electronically with HV. (An 80-20 split would be ideal)
This role provides support on a spectrum of activities related to the design, physical construction and evaluation of vacuum tubes and associated components, bringing knowledge of electro-mechanical engineering, engineering test, materials science, vacuum processes and hermetic seals to bear.
Some of the main duties of the Bid Manager will include:
- Captures requirements of and designs cost effective components, assemblies and manufacturing jigs.
- Provides expertise in product assembly techniques to help ensure product is designed for manufacture.
- Organises, populates and controls the development data packs; collating drawings, work instructions, development bills of material, build standards and manufacturing data in the appropriate project folders in compliance with company procedures and in preparation for subsequent transfer to production.
- Supports the project procurement process from the raising of purchase orders, expediting of components and assemblies and devices through to processing and maintenance of project stocks.
- Identification and evaluation of novel manufacturing techniques; identifying opportunities to implement and incorporate into new designs and developments.
- Collects analyses and presents data to assist with evaluation of development products, problem solving and process improvements.
- Uses appropriate tools, 8D etc. to drive prompt resolution of problems.
In order to be the successful Mechanical Assembly Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Excellent working knowledge of engineering principles related to electro-mechanical product design and development including
- o Materials selection.
- o Material joining techniques
- o Component manufacturing techniques
- o Fundamentals of electro-mechanical engineering.
- Preparation of project documentation and work instructions.
- Assembly of development product with stringent quality requirements.
- Under microscope assembly of small components.
- Component, assembly and jig design using Autocad or equivalent.
- MS Office Software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- ONC in an engineering discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
* Able to obtain SC level security clearance. (Lived in the UK for more than 5 years with an EU or British Passport)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Assembly Technician to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.