|Location: Horsham, West Sussex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for an established leading design & manufacturing organisation based in Horsham who are looking to employ an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of SolidWorks, SolidEdge and CAD systems.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: Competitive
* 26 day's holidays
* Contributory Pension
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Income Protection
* Free Parking
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
* Assist with creating designs in 3D CAD using SolidWorks software.
* Work with the team to perform classical engineering analysis on designs, stress, fatigue & vibration analysis using conventional analysis and computer simulation.
* Produce detail engineering and assembly drawings for manufacturing, perform lab testing for verification and conformance of design outputs to meet the design inputs.
* Assist with developing engineering reports to support new product designs, failure investigation and any other formal documentation to support customer requirements.
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
* The successful candidate must have a flair for new concept designs and a passion for mechanical engineering
* You will have experience in the design of complex mechanisms and structures for use in harsh environments - preferably in the defence industry.
* Proven experience in the design of systems from original concept design, produced from a specification, through to production.
* Ability to analyse the loads on, and design solutions for, items such as gear drives bearings and motors
* An understanding of the application of machining, casting, fabrication and moulding techniques
* Experience in the use of SolidWorks and ideally SolidEdge CAD systems.
* Ability to liaise with customers verbally and in writing in an effective manner, producing reports and participating in formal design reviews.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.