|Location: Wrexham, Wales||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum + Company Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Daniel James||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Wrexham, Clwyd
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 + Benefits
Mechanical Design Engineer required to join my client in Wrexham.
Due to continued growth I am looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join an established engineering business in Wrexham. This is a great opportunity for any engineer wanting a role that will offer a range of activities and the opportunity to work on full life-cycle development.
This company designs and manufactures everything in-house, nothing is outsourced. This is the way it has always been and the way they want it to continue. This means as an engineer you will play a vital part within the business, you will be responsible for products from conception, through prototyping, design, test, validation and ensuring they can be manufactured.
What is on offer?
- Competitive Salary (£30,000-£40,000)
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- 22 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
- 37.5 hour week with an early finish on Friday
With this being a small family run business you will play a huge part within the business, there won't be any of the politics you will face working in a huge corporate environment.
What is the job?
You will be working within a multi-disciplined engineering department, as a mechanical engineer you will be responsible for new product designs as well as improving current products.
As an Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Hands on Mechanical Development to include - prototype design, procurement and testing
- Preparing 2D drawings for manufacture, to include all dimensions, tolerances and finishes.
- Product release, revision control and hand-over to production team.
- Product documentation such as bills of materials, specifications, technical/test reports
- Design verification and validation
What are we looking for?
To be successful for the Mechanical Design Engineer position we are after:
- University Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Experience within a Mechanical Engineering role.
- Ideally we are looking for someone with experience using CREO, although other CAD packages will definitely be considered.
- If you have experience incorporating electronics into designs that will be highly desirable!
If are interested in this position and feel you have the relevant experience please hit that apply button now and send me your CV, interview slots are ready!