|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £30 - £40 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: William Church|
Mechanical Design Engineer (Contract)
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a world renown medical devices organisation based in Leeds. Our client is looking to employ an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of high-end CAD 3D systems, a working understanding of industry design standards and practices and practical knowledge of General Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will drive the design and project of customized implants from either Management CT scan data or X ray data and additionally project manage each case to ensuring alignment to both business and customer requirements, this is a highly creative role; unique nature of patient-specific implant design, to deliver an end to end design solution for the customer using the latest technologies and delivering to very tight time lines.
To competently resolve technical problems and determine the root-cause of the failures of electronic products.
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
In order to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally have the following:
- Qualified to minimum of HND/Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, and Product Design, or with equivalent experience
- Applied knowledge of high end 3D CAD systems
- Hand calculation (Stress/Strain) and elementary FEA experience
- Working knowledge of design standards and practices (ISO and ASME)
- Practical knowledge of General Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD & T)
- Experience of working in a highly regulated, quality systems oriented industry
- Practical knowledge of GMP disciplines
- Accomplished IT skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, databases - typical office applications
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!