|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a market leading aerospace organisation based in Bedfordshire area who are looking to employ an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes, CATIA V5, and the Aerospace Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
- Produce high integrity programme deliverables (concept schemes. detail drawings, assembly drawings, parts list etc)
- Ensure design work undertaken is conducted and executed in accordance with the company's procedures, design standard practices and in compliance with BS8888 and ISO 9001
- Interact with internal departments to ensure effective and efficient specification and development of drawings & design specifications
- Actively contribute in problem solving activities throughout the design and manufacturing phases of the programme
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to resolve product design issues
- Satisfy project and specification requirements while maximising the application of standard concepts and keeping the design for manufacture and installation as a critical aspect in mind
- Plan, forecast and release of detailed documentation for reviews to meet or exceed programme schedule
What you need to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
In order to be the successful Mechanical Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Aerospace/Aviation Industry experience an advantage
- Working knowledge of airframe and mechanical structures and mechanical aspects of electrical and avionic equipment installations
- Ability to utilise CATIA V5 solid modelling and surfacing techniques to produce detail part and assembly designs and the production of the associated manufacturing drawings.
- Knowledge of composite and metallic structures.
- Component mechanical engineering
- Working knowledge/understanding of manufacturing processes (sheet metal, machining and composites) and design for manufacture and assembly
- Working knowledge/understanding of application of Geometric Dimension & Tolerance Techniques (BS8888)
- Ability to evaluate the mechanical behaviour of designs
- Ability to develop design solutions
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!