|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £35 - £44 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Rate: £35 - £44 p/h
Term: Initial 12 Months
Key Skills: Mechanical Design, Models, Drawings, Medical Devices, Injection Moulding, Projects, 3D, CAD, Modelling, ISO, ASME, Teamcenter, Siemens NX, Tolerancing, Polymers, Stainless Steel
An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer is required to join my client to support the design and delivery of models, drawings and associated design verification of medical devices developed as part of time critical projects.
Working from site, this is a truly fantastic opportunity for the right person. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
So, what will you be doing as a Mechanical Design Engineer?
- Turning customer requirements into design solutions
- Take ownership for design commitments, delivering to agreed timescales in line with project plans
- Delivery of detailed 3D-CAD Modelling in accordance to ISO/ASME and company standards.
- To work effectively and closely with Product Development Engineer, Project Manager and other mechanical Design Engineers in achieving set objectives
- Proactively manage design related engineering changes
What are we looking for in our next Mechanical Design Engineer?
- Degree Educated in a STEM Discipline
- Ability to design, perform and verify engineering calculations and simulations that verify detailed designs and minimise physical testing
- Competent in the design for manufacture of plastic injection moulded parts or medical devices
- Excellent time management, communication & negotiation skills
- Experience with Teamcenter & Siemens NX
- Understanding & competency in the use of geometrical dimensioning & tolerancing weld specifications
- Possess a good understanding of stainless steels and polymers with the ability to rationalise appropriate selection criteria
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma methodology would also be beneficial
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills, experience and desire to provide exceptional Mechanical Design Engineering expertise, this is the opportunity for you!
If you are interested in joining a well-established, internationally renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field, hit that apply button now!