|Location: Chelmsford, Essex, S. E. England, England||Salary: £28000 - £30000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Mechanical Design Engineer / Draughtsperson
Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a leading company who specialise in the technology sector, who are based in Chelmsford. I am looking to recruit an Engineer who has strong mechanical experience that is eager to learn and expand their knowledge.
This role provides a technical draughting service to the product groups, working concurrently with engineers, to action change requests and raise technical documentation for product data packages or manufacturing equipment, to relevant company standards. You will form part of a mechanical design team that is situated within the Engineering Services group, other disciplines within Engineering Services include PCB Design, Numerical Modelling, Mechanical Design, Reliability Engineering, Model Shop and Documentation Control.
Experience needed for the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Competent in technical draughting
- Understand drawing GD&T to a competent level
- Competent level of mechanical design knowledge and application (machining, sheet metal fabrication, joining techniques etc.)
- Proficient use of 2D and 3D CAD packages (PTC Creo, Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD).
- Knowledge and experience of applying design and drawing standards such as BS8888.
- Experience of product and document configuration management, including completing engineering change requests
- Disciplined approach and good communication skills
- Be proactive in seeking resolutions to problems
- Ability to effectively manage time and costs
- Ability to motivate self to carry out tasks efficiently and effectively and to track progress to deal with any issues as they arise
- C. or equivalent qualified in a mechanical engineering discipline
Key responsibilities for the successful Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Generate and maintain Product Data Package documentation that accurately defines the product utilising 2D CAD or 3D solid modelling tools and other appropriate software.
- Produce documents that meet the customer's technical, quality and safety requirements that are capable of cost-effective manufacture.
- Providing advice on basic mechanical design issues such as solving basic mechanical design problems, Interpretation of engineering drawings, material selection etc.
- Researching background information from a variety of sources in support of mechanical design decisions
- Timely action of engineering change requests in accordance with company procedures, and progress them through the design office to completion.
- Ensure that any work packages assigned to you are completed on time and within budget.
- Support the lead designers, working closely with the Product Group and other Engineering Personnel to design new and enhance existing products, and manufacturing equipment by applying Mechanical Design knowledge and skills.
- Provide support to the design and change of the company's product labels.
- Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental (OHSE)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Supply Chain Consultant vacancy, you must be eligible for SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.